The BEarth Institute has teamed up with Waldorf Math teacher Jamie York, Waldorf Art Teachers Robyn & Brian Wolfe and the Science Professors of Conceptual Academy to offer a new program with enhanced virtual experiences from the classroom. These living classroom experiences use the Earthschooling curriculum as the base of study but offer recorded classes to enhance the experience and/or assist the busy parent (note that Jamie York’s Math classes this year only will be live and recorded). Choose a package based on your needs below. Be sure to enroll before the first quarter starts so you don’t miss a lesson! Our “school year” is 32-weeks long, divided into four quarters of 8-weeks each, as shown below.
Classes are prerecorded so if your student misses a class they can access it at a later time.
New students may enroll here. If you already own the Earthschooling curriculum please contact us at: CustomerService@TheBEarthInstitute.com for a coupon code. The programs below are sold by the year. However, if you already own the Earthschooling curriculum for the grade you will be enrolling in you are eligible for a discount.
These living classroom experiences use the Earthschooling curriculum as the base of study but offer live and/or recorded classes to enhance the experience and/or assist the busy parent. Choose a package based on your needs below. Be sure to enroll before the first quarter starts so you don’t miss a lesson! Our “school year” is 32-weeks long, divided into four quarters of 8-weeks each, as shown below.
BEarth Academy: Eleventh Grade Includes
- Earthschooling Eleventh Grade Curriculum Guides
- LIVE & Recorded Weekly Math Lectures (See details below)
- 11th Grade Science: Advanced Chemistry (See details below)
- Third Quarter Art Lessons: January & February: You will receive 8 lessons total: 6 lessons that are skills & technique based and 2 that are curriculum-themed: Figure Drawing, Portraits, & Two Curriculum Based Art Lessons
New students may enroll below. If you already own the Earthschooling curriculum please contact us at: CustomerService@TheBEarthInstitute.com for a coupon code. The programs below are sold by the year. However, if you already own the Earthschooling curriculum for the grade you will be enrolling in you are eligible for a discount.
After you make your payment for the course please fill out the following form with your student’s information…
*This NEW program is jointly owned by The Bearth Institute, Jaime York Publications, Waldorfish, and Conceptual Academy and is not part of Earthschooling.com or any existing curriculum package.*
All Packages Come With
- One year of Earthschooling curriculum for your grade
- All Earthschooling teacher support videos and tutorials for that grade (see details here)
- Full enrollment in Jamie York’s math classes for the year (see below for details). Each class will have lectures (around 45 minutes) on Monday and Wednesday, given by Jamie. The lectures are “active”, meaning that the students are frequently asked to do problems, or think about something.
- A copy of the physical math books your student will need for the year from the Making Math Meaningful™workbooks here.
- Your student will be assigned to an Earthschooling study group of up to 6 students for math which they can also use to meet for other topics. Workgroups meet twice per week, usually on Tuesday and Thursday, at times arranged by the people in that group.
- Parent meetings will take place twice per quarter with Jamie York (about once every four weeks). The schedule for the upcoming school year has yet to be determined.
- A digital copy of the science book your student will need.
- Pre-recorded virtual classroom experiences in science (see topics below)
- Eight art lessons specific to their grade. Six of the lessons take your student into enhanced art topics. Two of the lessons are based on curriculum topics.
- Pre-recorded virtual classroom experiences in art (see topics below).
- ONE Easy Portal & login to access all your curriculum and classes.
11th Grade Science: Advanced Chemistry
Conceptual Chemistry builds a conceptual base from which students may view nature more perceptively by helping them visualize the behavior of atoms and molecules and showing them how this behavior gives rise to our macroscopic environment. Numerical problem-solving skills and memorization are not stressed. Instead, chemistry concepts are developed in a storytelling fashion, with the frequent use of analogies and tightly integrated illustrations. Questions are designed to challenge students’ understanding of concepts and their ability to synthesize and articulate conclusions.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: About Science
Chapter 2: Particles of Matter
Chapter 3: Elements of Chemistry
Chapter 4: Subatomic Particles
Chapter 5: The Atomic Nucleus
Chapter 6: How Atoms Bond
Chapter 7: How Molecules Mix
Chapter 8: How Water Behaves
Chapter 9: How Chemicals React
Chapter 10: Acids and Bases
Chapter 11: Oxidations and Reductions
Chapter 12: Organic Compounds
Chapter 13: Nutrients of Life
Chapter 14: Medicinal Chemistry
Chapter 15: Optimizing Food Production
Chapter 16: Water and Air Resources
Chapter 17: Capturing Energy
NEW DATES (substitute these for the ones listed below)
1stQuarter: Aug 31 – Oct 30 (vacation Oct 3-11)
2ndQuarter: Nov 2 – Jan 15 (vacations Nov 21-29 and Dec 19 – Jan 3)
3rdQuarter: Jan 18 – Mar 19 (vacation Feb 13-21)
4thQuarter: Mar 22 – May 21 (vacation Mar 27 – Apr 4)
Quarter #1 (Sep 9 – Oct 4 and Oct 28 – Nov 22):
- The Philosophy and Geometry of René Descartes (main lesson Sept 16 – Oct 4)
- Cartesian Geometry (graphing linear equations)
- Problem solving
Quarter #2 (Dec 2-20 and Jan 6 – Feb 7):
- Imaginary & Complex Numbers – Part I
- Cartesian Geometry (conic sections, systems of equations)
- Trigonometry (Right triangle trig, Law of Sines, Law of Cosines)
Quarter #3 (Feb 17 – April 10):
- Introduction to functions
- Projective Geometry (main lesson Feb 24 – Mar 13)
- Problem solving
- Perm, Comb & Probability review and deepen
Quarter #4 (April 20 – June 12):
- Trigonometry (Six Trig Functions, Law of Tangents, trig unit circle, radian measure)
- Cartesian Geometry (polynomial equations, systems of equations)
- Logarithms (building from 10th grade)
- Trigonometry (Six Trig Functions, Law of Sines, Law of Cosines, Law of Tangents, trig unit circle, radian measure)
- Imaginary & Complex Numbers – Part II
BEarth Academy SamplesBEarth Academy Math Program Sample BEarth Academy Science Program Sample BEarth Academy Art Program Sample
Your student also has the option to sign up for a math tutor every Friday. The cost for this tutor would be $20.00 each week. Please e-mail us at: CustomerService@TheBEarthInstitute.com for details.
Commitment and Refund Policy
In order to honor our commitment to our tutors and our commitment to the other families, we ask that your payment indicates your commitment to have your child complete the full 8-week quarter. If a student drops out of the class by the end of the first week of the quarter, the family will be refunded for the portion of the quarter that was not attended, minus a $50 administration fee. There are no refunds after the first week.