The BEarth Institute has teamed up with Waldorf Math teacher Jamie York, Waldorf Art Teachers Robyn & Brian Wolfe and the Science Professors of Conceptual Academy to offer a new program with enhanced virtual experiences from the classroom. These living classroom experiences use the Earthschooling curriculum as the base of study but offer recorded classes to enhance the experience and/or assist the busy parent (note that Jamie York’s Math classes this year only will be live and recorded). Choose a package based on your needs below. Be sure to enroll before the first quarter starts so you don’t miss a lesson! Our “school year” is 32-weeks long, divided into four quarters of 8-weeks each, as shown below.
Classes are prerecorded so if your student misses a class they can access it at a later time.
New students may enroll here. If you already own the Earthschooling curriculum please contact us at: CustomerService@TheBEarthInstitute.com for a coupon code. The programs below are sold by the year. However, if you already own the Earthschooling curriculum for the grade you will be enrolling in you are eligible for a discount.
These living classroom experiences use the Earthschooling curriculum as the base of study but offer live and/or recorded classes to enhance the experience and/or assist the busy parent. Choose a package based on your needs below. Be sure to enroll before the first quarter starts so you don’t miss a lesson! Our “school year” is 32-weeks long, divided into four quarters of 8-weeks each, as shown below.
BEarth Academy: Ninth Grade Includes:
- Earthschooling Ninth Grade Curriculum
- Recorded & Edited Weekly Math Lectures (see below)
- 9th Grade Integrated Science: Physics & Chemistry (see below)
- First Quarter Art Lessons: August & September: You will receive 8 lessons total: 6 lessons that are skills & technique based and 2 that are curriculum-themed
Line Drawing, Black & White Drawing, & Two Curriculum Based Art Lessons
New students may enroll below. If you already own the Earthschooling curriculum please contact us at: CustomerService@TheBEarthInstitute.com for a coupon code. The programs below are sold by the year. However, if you already own the Earthschooling curriculum for the grade you will be enrolling in you are eligible for a discount.
After you make your payment for the course please fill out the following form with your student’s information…
*This NEW program is jointly owned by The Bearth Institute, Jaime York Publications, Conceptual Academy, and Waldorfish and is not part of Earthschooling.com or any existing curriculum package.*
All Packages Come With
- One year of Earthschooling curriculum for your grade
- All Earthschooling teacher support videos and tutorials for that grade (see details here)
- Full enrollment in Jamie York’s math classes for the year (see below for details). Each class will have lectures (around 45 minutes) on Monday and Wednesday, given by Jamie. The lectures are “active”, meaning that the students are frequently asked to do problems, or think about something.
- A copy of the physical math books your student will need for the year from the Making Math Meaningful™workbooks here.
- Your student will be assigned to an Earthschooling study group of up to 6 students for math which they can also use to meet for other topics. Workgroups meet twice per week, usually on Tuesday and Thursday, at times arranged by the people in that group.
- Parent meetings will take place twice per quarter with Jamie York (about once every four weeks). The schedule for the upcoming school year has yet to be determined.
- A digital copy of the science book your student will need.
- Pre-recorded virtual classroom experiences in science (see topics below)
- Eight art lessons specific to their grade. Six of the lessons take your student into enhanced art topics. Two of the lessons are based on curriculum topics.
- Pre-recorded virtual classroom experiences in art (see topics below).
- ONE Easy Portal & login to access all your curriculum and classes.
9th Grade Integrated Science: Physics and Chemistry
Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Earth Science, and Astronomy. Fold these branches of science together and the result we call Integrated Science. The breadth of integrated science is made manageable through the use of Unifying Concepts— those big ideas that cut across all the sciences and unite them as one body of knowledge about the world. This year we will focus on the first part of the text book – physics and chemistry.
This, in turn, helps us to understand the workings of our natural environment. How does water move up a tree? (Biology and Physics) How do stars shine? (Physics and Astronomy) Why do we have beaches? (Chemistry and Earth Science) Conceptual Integrated Science relates the big ideas of science to everyday life, and is presented in a friendly, personal—and sometimes humorous voice.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: About Science
Chapter 2: Describing Motion
Chapter 3: Newton’s Laws of Motion
Chapter 4: Momentum and Energy
Chapter 5: Gravity
Chapter 6: Heat
Chapter 7: Electricity and Magnetism
Chapter 8: Waves—Sound and Light
Chapter 9: Atoms and the Periodic Table
Chapter 10: The Atomic Nucleus
Chapter 11: Investigating Matter
Chapter 12: Chemical Bonds and Mixtures
Chapter 13: Chemical Reactions
Chapter 14: Organic Compounds
NEW DATES (substitute these for the ones listed below)
1stQuarter: Aug 31 – Oct 30 (vacation Oct 3-11)
2ndQuarter: Nov 2 – Jan 15 (vacations Nov 21-29 and Dec 19 – Jan 3)
3rdQuarter: Jan 18 – Mar 19 (vacation Feb 13-21)
4thQuarter: Mar 22 – May 21 (vacation Mar 27 – Apr 4)
Quarter #1 (Sep 9 – Oct 4 and Oct 28 – Nov 22):
- Descriptive Geometry (main lesson Nov 4-22)
- Review middle school algebra
- Laws of exponents
- Arithmetic with polynomials
Quarter #2 (Dec 2-20 and Jan 6 – Feb 7):
- Negative exponents
- Factoring polynomials
- Solving quadratic equations
- Word problems
Quarter #3 (Feb 17 – April 10):
- Word problems
- Solving systems of equations
- Review of percents, unit conversions, proportions
- Possibility & Probability (main lesson Feb 24 – Mar 13)
Quarter #4 (April 20 – June 12):
- Simplifying square roots
- Rational expressions and equations
- The quadratic formula & al-Khwarizmi’s work
- Introduction to logarithms
- Fractional exponents
- Possibility & Probability practice
BEarth Academy SamplesBEarth Academy Math Program Sample BEarth Academy Science Program Sample BEarth Academy Art Program Sample
Your student also has the option to sign up for a math tutor every Friday. The cost for this tutor would be $20.00 each week. Please e-mail us at: CustomerService@TheBEarthInstitute.com for details.
Commitment and Refund Policy
In order to honor our commitment to our tutors and our commitment to the other families, we ask that your payment indicates your commitment to have your child complete the full 8-week quarter. If a student drops out of the class by the end of the first week of the quarter, the family will be refunded for the portion of the quarter that was not attended, minus a $50 administration fee. There are no refunds after the first week.