Note that all 10th, 11th & 12th grade students are also required to sign up for Friday tutoring with Jamie York. The cost is only $15.00 a week and can be paid quarterly. This is not included in the price you are paying now. This is the ONLY extra expense you will have once you make your purchase.
The BEarth Institute has teamed up with Waldorf Math teacher Jamie York, Waldorf Art Teachers Robyn & Brian Wolfe and the Science Professors of Conceptual Academy to offer a new program with enhanced virtual experiences from the classroom. These living classroom experiences use the Earthschooling curriculum as the base of study but offer recorded classes to enhance the experience and/or assist the busy parent (note that Jamie York’s Math classes this year only will be live and recorded). Choose a package based on your needs below. Be sure to enroll before the first quarter starts so you don’t miss a lesson! Our “school year” is 32-weeks long, divided into four quarters of 8-weeks each, as shown below.
Classes are prerecorded so if your student misses a class they can access it at a later time.
New students may enroll here. If you already own the Earthschooling curriculum please contact us at: CustomerService@TheBEarthInstitute.com for a coupon code. The programs below are sold by the year. However, if you already own the Earthschooling curriculum for the grade you will be enrolling in you are eligible for a discount.
These living classroom experiences use the Earthschooling curriculum as the base of study but offer live and/or recorded classes to enhance the experience and/or assist the busy parent. Choose a package based on your needs below. Be sure to enroll before the first quarter starts so you don’t miss a lesson! Our “school year” is 32-weeks long, divided into four quarters of 8-weeks each, as shown below.
BEarth Academy: Tenth Grade Includes
- Earthschooling Tenth Grade Curriculum
- LIVE & Recorded Weekly Math Lectures (see below)
- 10th Grade Integrated Science: Biology/Earth Science/Astronomy (see below)
- Second Quarter Art Lessons: October & November: You will receive 8 lessons total: 6 lessons that are skills & technique based and 2 that are curriculum-themed: Color Theory: Classical & Goethe, Composition, & Two Curriculum Based Art Lessons
New students may enroll below. If you already own the Earthschooling curriculum please contact us at: CustomerService@TheBEarthInstitute.com for a coupon code. The programs below are sold by the year. However, if you already own the Earthschooling curriculum for the grade you will be enrolling in you are eligible for a discount.
After you make your payment for the course please fill out the following form with your student’s information…
*This NEW program is jointly owned by The Bearth Institute, Jaime York Publications, Waldorfish, and Conceptual Academy and is not part of Earthschooling.com or any existing curriculum package.*
All Packages Come With
- One year of Earthschooling curriculum for your grade
- All Earthschooling teacher support videos and tutorials for that grade (see details here)
- Full enrollment in Jamie York’s math classes for the year (see below for details). Each class will have lectures (around 45 minutes) on Monday and Wednesday, given by Jamie. The lectures are “active”, meaning that the students are frequently asked to do problems, or think about something.
- Math books your student will need for the year from the Making Math Meaningful™workbook will be provided as digital pages.
- Your student will be assigned to an Earthschooling study group of up to 6 students for math which they can also use to meet for other topics. Workgroups meet twice per week, usually on Tuesday and Thursday, at times arranged by the people in that group.
- Parent meetings will take place twice per quarter with Jamie York (about once every four weeks). The schedule for the upcoming school year has yet to be determined.
- A digital copy of the science book your student will need.
- Pre-recorded virtual classroom experiences in science (see topics below)
- Eight art lessons specific to their grade. Six of the lessons take your student into enhanced art topics. Two of the lessons are based on curriculum topics.
- Pre-recorded virtual classroom experiences in art (see topics below).
- ONE Easy Portal & login to access all your curriculum and classes.
10th Grade Integrated Science: Biology/Earth Science/Astronomy
Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Earth Science, and Astronomy. Fold these branches of science together and the result we call Integrated Science. The breadth of integrated science is made manageable through the use of Unifying Concepts— those big ideas that cut across all the sciences and unite them as one body of knowledge about the world. This year we will focus on the first part of the text book – physics and chemistry. This year we will focus on the second half of the textbook covering biology, earth science, and astronomy.
This, in turn, helps us to understand the workings of our natural environment. How does water move up a tree? (Biology and Physics) How do stars shine? (Physics and Astronomy) Why do we have beaches? (Chemistry and Earth Science) Conceptual Integrated Science relates the big ideas of science to everyday life, and is presented in a friendly, personal—and sometimes humorous voice.
Table of Contents
Chapter 15: The Basic Unit of Life—The Cell
Chapter 16: Genetics
Chapter 17: The Evolution of Life
Chapter 18: Diversity of Life on Earth
Chapter 19: Control and Development
Chapter 20: Care and Maintenance
Chapter 21: Ecology
Chapter 22: Plate Tectonics
Chapter 23: Rocks and Minerals
Chapter 24: Land and Water
Chapter 25: Surface Processes
Chapter 26: Weather
Chapter 27: Environmental Geology
Chapter 28: The Solar System
Chapter 29: The Universe
Jamie York Math Academy School Year
The Math Academy school year is 32-weeks long, divided into four quarters of 8-weeks each (as shown in the calendar here). The first day of the Math Academy is Monday, September 6. The last day is Friday, May 27. Please note that because the lectures are recorded, the calendar dates are very flexible. For example, any school can simply make its own calendar for the 32-week Math Academy program. Students in the Southern Hemisphere can start their Math Academy school year in January, as long as the other students in the work group use the same school calendar.
Starting Times for the Friday Tutorial Sessions
(You will need to pay $15.00 a week extra for these sessions directly to Jamie York)
The below start times for our Friday Tutorial Sessions are given in MT (Mountain Time), which is 2 hours behind ET, and 1 hour ahead of PT.
Each tutorial session is approximately 55-minutes long.
Grade 5 (with Sean): 9am or noon MT
Grade 6 (with Maria): 11:30am or 3pm MT
Grade 7 (with Maria): 10:30am or 2pm MT
Grade 8 (with Matthew): 9am or 2pm MT
Grade 9 (with Matthew): 10:30am MT
Grade 10 (with Matthew): 12:30pm MT
Grade 11 (with Jamie): 9:30am MT
Grade 12 (with Jamie): 11am MT
Times for the Student Work Groups
There are many student work groups for each grade, and they meet at a variety of times. We try our best to put students in a work group that matches their ability level and works for the family’s schedule.
- Greek Geometry and Deductive Proofs
- Geometry basics
- Circle geometry
- The Geometry of the Triangle
- Writing proofs
- The works of Archimedes (sphere and π)
- Laws of proportionality (Euclid, Book V)
- Intro to Trigonometry
- Mensuration (incl. volume & scale factors)
- Proof of Heron’s formula for triangle’s area
- Thorough review of 9th grade algebra
- Sequences and Series
- Logarithms (building from 9th grade)
- Exponential growth, including the number e
- The Math of Music
BEarth Academy SamplesBEarth Academy Math Program Sample BEarth Academy Science Program Sample BEarth Academy Art Program Sample
Your student also has the option to sign up for a math tutor every Friday. The cost for this tutor would be $20.00 each week. Please e-mail us at: CustomerService@TheBEarthInstitute.com for details.
Commitment and Refund Policy
In order to honor our commitment to our tutors and our commitment to the other families, we ask that your payment indicates your commitment to have your child complete the full 8-week quarter. If a student drops out of the class by the end of the first week of the quarter, the family will be refunded for the portion of the quarter that was not attended, minus a $50 administration fee. There are no refunds after the first week.