These living classroom experiences use the Earthschooling curriculum as the base of study but offer live and/or recorded classes to enhance the experience and/or assist the busy parent. Choose a package based on your needs below. Be sure to enroll before the first quarter starts so you don’t miss a lesson! Our “school year” is 32-weeks long, divided into four quarters of 8-weeks each, as shown below.
New students may enroll below. If you already own the Earthschooling curriculum please contact us at: CustomerService@TheBEarthInstitute.com for a coupon code. The programs below are sold by the year. However, if you already own the Earthschooling curriculum for the grade you will be enrolling in you are eligible for a discount.
After you make your payment for the course please fill out the following form with your student’s information…
*This NEW program is jointly owned by The Bearth Institute and Jaime York Publications and is not part of Earthschooling.com or any existing curriculum package.*
All Packages Come With
- One year of Earthschooling curriculum for your grade
- All Earthschooling teacher support videos and tutorials for that grade (see details here)
- Full enrollment in Jamie York’s math classes for the year (see below for details). Each class will have lectures (around 45 minutes) on Monday and Wednesday, given by Jamie. The lectures are “active”, meaning that the students are frequently asked to do problems, or think about something.
- A copy of the physical math books your student will need for the year from the Making Math Meaningful™workbooks here.
- Your student will be assigned to an Earthschooling study group of up to 6 students for math which they can also use to meet for other topics. Workgroups meet twice per week, usually on Tuesday and Thursday, at times arranged by the people in that group.
- Parent meetings will take place twice per quarter with Jamie York (about once every four weeks). The schedule for the upcoming school year has yet to be determined.
- ONE Easy Portal & login to access all your curriculum and classes.
Your student also has the option to sign up for a math tutor every Friday. The cost for this tutor would be $20.00 each week. Please e-mail us at: CustomerService@TheBEarthInstitute.com for details.
Special Note: Advanced students may proceed through the below curriculum at a faster rate than what is indicated.
Quarter #1 (Sep 9 – Oct 4 and Oct 28 – Nov 22):
- Greek Geometry and Deductive Proofs (main lesson Sept 16 – Oct 4)
- Geometry basics
- Circle geometry
Quarter #2 (Dec 2-20 and Jan 6 – Feb 7):
- The Geometry of the Triangle
- Writing proofs
- The works of Archimedes (sphere and π)
- Laws of proportionality (Euclid, Book V)
Quarter #3 (Feb 17 – April 10):
- Intro to Trigonometry (main lesson Feb 24 – Mar 13)
- Mensuration (incl. volume & scale factors)
- Proof of Heron’s formula for triangle’s area
- Thorough review of 9th grade algebra
Quarter #4 (April 20 – June 12):
- Sequences and Series
- Logarithms (building from 9th grade)
- Exponential growth, including the number e
- The Math of Music
More About Jamie York’s Math Academy
Jamie York’s Math Academy offers students from 5th through 12th grade a unique opportunity to participate in engaging distance-learning classes with other students in their own grade all under the guidance of Jamie York. The Waldorf-oriented program has been carefully designed to foster mathematical thinking, develop solid math skills, and enliven an enthusiasm for learning.
Jamie’s students will need to watch Jamie’s recorded lectures and participate in live video conferencing (with their parents at their side for grades 5 and 6). Beyond that, the program does not involve any other use of computers, such as Internet research, watching math videos, etc.
Waldorf education emphasizes the importance of introducing children to things at the developmentally appropriate time. Each family needs to consciously decide when their child should begin to engage with the various forms of modern technology. We believe that technology opens up exciting possibilities for homeschool families, but we honor families’ wishes to minimize their child’s exposure to media.
Commitment and Refund Policy
In order to honor our commitment to our tutors and our commitment to the other families, we ask that your payment indicates your commitment to have your child complete the full 8-week quarter. If a student drops out of the class by the end of the first week of the quarter, the family will be refunded for the portion of the quarter that was not attended, minus a $50 administration fee. There are no refunds after the first week.