Feedback: We have been really loving the math story! My kiddo counts down until it is time to do our story each day. She wanted to actually buy items at the bazaar, so she gets a handful of jewels each day and she has to figure out what she can afford. Bravo to the creator of this math block. It is spectacular! – January Jordan
This block includes “The Basics of Waldorf Math”, “Sixth Sense Math” (First Grade Math Waldorf Style with Extras), and access to all the Main Lesson Book pages for first grade math. You will learn how to teach the four processes of math through traditional gnome stories and original Earthschooling stories, explore numbers and math in a natural and deep sense and much more. This is our most popular lesson block.
This block with Living Lessons also includes…
What are Living Lessons?
Living Lessons are not an online school. Our goal is and always has been to assist the parent/teacher in their own classroom. We also feel it is important that the parent/teacher remains involved in the lessons to stay true to the Waldorf methods. So Living Lessons are a classroom assistant for you and a way for you to become a better teacher by having another teacher lead, guide, and inspire you. Here are some ways in which you may use the Living Lessons:
1. You are homeschooling multiple ages and need a virtual teacher now and then so you can offer each of your students individual attention.
2. You are looking for a virtual classroom experience with a Waldorf teacher.
3. You need a break now and then from homeschooling full time.
4. You want to enhance your own skill set by watching other teachers present Waldorf lessons.
5. You want to join a community of other parents experiencing Living Lessons with opportunities for your kids to connect with other kids in the program.
6. You are running a business or working from home and need a virtual teacher to help you homeschool.
7. You recently moved or are experiencing health challenges that make it hard to homeschool full time.
8. You are new to homeschooling and need a boost of confidence to start off your year.
9. You are new to Waldorf education.
10. You feel overwhelmed with the prospect of homeschooling or you have been forced into homeschooling by the pandemic and are feeling lost.
Lessons from teacher Mellie include…
G1 Math Block: Lesson 1: Properties of the number one, number story, math verse, counting to 20, introduction to Roman numerals, one for the golden sun MLB drawing, how to write the numbers in general
G1 Math Block: Lesson 2: Part One: Properties of the number two, number story for 2 (continuation from day 1), math verse, exploring opposites, even & odd numbers
G1 Math Block: Lesson 2: Part Two: How to create the Main Lesson Book page for number 2: Day & night drawing, practice writing numbers and Roman numerals in MLB, math verse
G1 Math Block: Lesson 3: Properties of the number 3, number story for 3 (continuation from day 1), odd numbers, review of previous numbers, main lesson book drawing for the number 3, second drawing for the number 3, math verse
G1 Math Block: Lesson 4: Properties of the number 4, review odds & evens, review past numbers, MLB drawing one: four and the golden ring, MLB drawing two: The four seasons, math verse, math story for 4 (continuation from day 1)
G1 Math Block: Lesson 5: Properties of the number 5, story of the number five (continuation from day 1), exploration of Roman numeral five, review of past numbers, review odds & evens, Main Lesson Book (MLB) drawing for the number five, how to practice writing your numbers up to five, math verse
G1 Math Block: Lesson 6: Review of all numbers in verse and movement, counting by 2s, how to count by fives, math story for number six (continuing story from day one), how to write the number six, math verses, review of odds and evens, number six MLB drawing, second MLB Drawing for number six
G1 Math Block: Lesson 7: Review counting by 5s, math story for number 7 (continuation from day one), math verses, writing the number 7, review of Roman numerals, review of odds and evens, MLB drawing for the number 7, second MLB drawing for the number 7
G1 Math Block: Lesson 8: Math verses, math story for 8 (continuation from day one), counting by 3s: clapping & movement, counting by 2s song review, counting by 5s review, how to write the number 8 properly, a MLB drawing for the number 8, second MLB drawing for number 8
G1 Math Block: Lesson 9
G1 Math Block: Lesson 10