This book for teachers provides a solid basis for the teaching of modern languages in Steiner-Waldorf Schools. It discusses extensively Rudolf Steiner’s view of the nature of language in relation to child development and also of the practical classroom questions of curriculum and teaching method.
This book will appeal not only to modern language teachers but to anyone interested in the ideas underlying Steiner-Waldorf education.
C O N T E N T S:
A Note on this New Edition
1. New Methods of Language Teaching
2. Rudolf Steiner’s Ideas on Language
3. The Aims of Language Teaching in Waldorf Schools
4. A Survey of Steiner’s Observations on Method
5. Background Considerations
6. In the Classroom
7. Teacher Training
“Clowning and Improvisation in Language Teacher Training” by Norman Skillen