- Easy-to-access guidance on first aid and medical emergencies
- How to recognise the symptoms of many childhood illnesses such as chickenpox, glandular fever and ear infections
- Suggestions on caring for babies and toddlers, including detailed information on vaccination
- How to relieve the effects of common conditions such as pain, fever, vomiting, allergies and asthma
- Advice on coping with serious disorders, including diabetes, chronic illnesses and hospital stays
Including current medical advice alongside tried-and-tested tips, this book empowers parents to look beyond the surface symptoms and better understand their child as a whole, in body, soul and spirit.
It includes medical and health practices in North America, Southern Africa, Australia, and New Zealand, as well as the UK and Europe.
The fourth edition includes updates on treatments for tonsillitis, croup, sunstroke, and head lice, as well as possible complications arising from measles and ultrasound scans. The section on vaccinations includes the latest recommendations and has updates on measles, meningococcal and HPV. There is also a new section on electromagnetic pollution, including mobile (cell) phones and UHF and SHF radio frequencies, and their effects on respiration, the immune system, and fertility.
248 pages, 6 1/4″ x 9 1/4″, 2019.