There are hundreds of accrediting agencies worldwide. We maintain the requirements to be accredited by many of these agencies. However, we do not seek accreditation from just one specific agency as this would not suit the needs of all of our students. This means that to meet the needs of all of our students around the globe we would need to seek accreditation by tens of agencies which would quadruple the cost of each course but would not add additional value to the student’s degree or certification.
You can find the required information below that allows our institution’s courses to be accepted for credits, approval or accreditation. If you need additional information please write to us at: CustomerService@TheBearthInstitute.com
Memberships Held by The Avicenna Institute
Currently Affiliated With
The Board of Natural Medicine Certification Council: Students have previously submitted courses for approval and these courses have been accepted by them on an individual basis.
International Organization of Nutritional Consultants: Students have previously submitted courses for approval and these courses have been accepted by them on an individual basis.
Harvard Medical School: Harvard Medical School approved the application of students for financial aid to take our course, The Medicine of Avicenna. These courses were deemed appropriate because they covered material not offered at the school. The courses also passed a review board who felt the material was of a high quality. (Note: Our courses are not medical courses and have not been officially accredited by this university)
Accreditation Requirements We Fulfill
The job of an accrediting agency is to assure you that your school fills the basic organizational and educational requirements, is legitimately teaching students, and is not just “selling certificates” or participating in some sort of pyramid scheme.
An accrediting agency does not add value to your degree and does not guarantee that your credits can be transferred. We “self monitor” using these same guidelines and can guarantee that we fill all the following accreditation requirements:
1. Student Records: Student records are kept for each individual student, transcripts and certifications are provided on completion of each course and upon request.
2. School is Insured: School is insured for loss. If the institution closes for reasons beyond our control, students are able to get a refund for classes they have not yet completed or gained certification for.
3. Staff are Professional: Dean of Students, Kristie Karima Burns, MH, ND, Ph.D. has a doctorate in Naturopathy, a Masters in herbalism and undergraduate degree in Anthropology and Linguistics. Vanessa Nixon Klein, Aromatherapist and Herbalist is the founder and CEO of Herbs of Grace, Inc., a handcrafted, natural cosmetics company, as well as Herbs of Grace Healing Arts, a natural health consulting business. Mohsina Mandil is a fourth year nursing student at the University of Iowa in Iowa City, Iowa.
4. Teaching Provided by Professionals: Materials, Videos and MP3s for the course are provided by a number of professionals and staff including the staff mentioned above as well as Gina Tyler, DHom, Paul Branch, M.D. and Jiri Cehovsky. Readings are also provided by distinguished professionals in the areas of herbalism, iridology, reflexology, aromatherapy, consulting and nutrition.
5. Certification and Transcripts: Are provided to each student as their coursework is complete. If you need us to send you information on a current student directly please write to us at: CustomerService@Thebearthinstitute.com with an e-mail address we can e-mail documents to (we scan originals and send them to you via e-mail) or a physical address we can send original documents to.
6. Secure Student & Course Data: Our course and student data systems are backed up three times online and offline to prevent loss of data. All this information is also secure.
Course syllabi are provided below
Detailed Course Descriptions & Brochures
More detailed descriptions of courses are provided below. Not all courses can be found below as this is a new project. If you need this additional information for a course please contact us at: CustomerService@TheBearthInstitute.com
Course Text List
A course text list is provided below as a chart
The following syllabi were requested by students on a special case basis as their accrediting institution needed to see how the courses applied directly to fulfilling the requirements for psychology and anatomy.
The following guides are what each student prints out to guide them through each course or series of courses.