Projects arise from a genuine love of the natural world and animals, whether they be family pets (‘Our Friend Dexter’) or wild animals whose widespread ill-treatment has brought them into the limelight. Requiring no experience other than an interest in working and playing with wool, projects progressively build on skills throughout, and will transform you into an avid needle-felter in no time at all.
• Beautiful photographs and illustrations throughout
• Over 20 patterns and design ideas for creating your own needle-felted animals
• A range of projects suitable for complete beginners as well as more advanced crafters
• Written by experienced crafters and workshop leaders, this practical guide also highlights common mistakes (‘felting bloopers’) and offers creative solutions to fix them
• Inspired by the natural world and animals from well-loved stories and myth, these projects aim to engage us in, and re-connect us more fully to, the worlds of art, imagination, play and nature