What are Living Lessons?
Living Lessons are not an online school. Our goal is and always has been to assist the parent/teacher in their own classroom. We also feel it is important that the parent/teacher remains involved in the lessons to stay true to the Waldorf methods. So Living Lessons are a classroom assistant for you and a way for you to become a better teacher by having another teacher lead, guide, and inspire you. Here are some ways in which you may use the Living Lessons:
1. You are homeschooling multiple ages and need a virtual teacher now and then so you can offer each of your students individual attention.
2. You are looking for a virtual classroom experience with a Waldorf teacher.
3. You need a break now and then from homeschooling full time.
4. You want to enhance your own skill set by watching other teachers present Waldorf lessons.
5. You want to join a community of other parents experiencing Living Lessons with opportunities for your kids to connect with other kids in the program.
6. You are running a business or working from home and need a virtual teacher to help you homeschool.
7. You recently moved or are experiencing health challenges that make it hard to homeschool full time.
8. You are new to homeschooling and need a boost of confidence to start off your year.
9. You are new to Waldorf education.
10. You feel overwhelmed with the prospect of homeschooling or you have been forced into homeschooling by the pandemic and are feeling lost.
Detailed description coming soon…
G5 Math Block One: Lesson #1: Introduction to Decimals
G5 Math Block One: Lesson #2: Writing Decimals
G5 Math Block One: Lesson #3: Decimal Place Value
G5 Math Block One: Lesson #3B: Writing Decimal Place Value and Decimal Names
G5 Math Block One: Lesson #4: Comparing Decimals
G5 Math Block One: Lesson #5: Rounding Decimals
G5 Math Block One: Lesson #6: Money
G5 Math Block One: Lesson #7: Digital Time Clocks
G5 Math Block One: Lesson #8: Adding and Subtracting Decimals
G5 Math Block One: Lesson #9: Multiplying Decimals and Whole Numbers
G5 Math Block One: Lesson #10: Multiplying Decimals by Decimals
G5 Math Block One: Lesson #11: Dividing Decimals by Whole Numbers
G5 Math Block One: Lesson #12: Dividing Decimals by Decimals
G5 Math Block One: Lesson #13: Converting Fractions into Decimals
G5 Math Block One: Lesson #14: Repeating Decimals
G5 Math Block One: Decimal-Fraction Math Block Test
Future Math Blocks
(Purchase now and receive these for free when they are uploaded)
Illuminating the Metric System – The metric system of measurement, from distance to length to weight and volume, is nearly ubiquitous throughout the world. Based on powers of ten, it is simple and thus widely utilized throughout the world. This block will familiarize students with this system, both through direct measurement and calculation.
The Magic of Numbers and Freehand Geometry – Do you know how to tell if a number is divisible by 3? Or 4? or 9? What about why the Babylonians preferred a base-60 system to a base-10 system? There are so many wonderful mysteries in the world of number. We will explore those connections through invigorating challenges that will leave the students interested in math for its own sake.