Wildlife Educator’s Course
This certified wildlife educators course will teach students the basic structure, implementation & development of a wildlife education presentation including static displays, power-points (or speech cards if you don’t use power-point), and live animal programs. Topics covered include animal husbandry, safety, public safety, technique, animal handling and training techniques, and biology of insects, birds, reptiles, amphibians and mammals. This certified class will open doors for anyone interested in a career in wildlife education – working for a governmental or non-governmental organization. Students who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate. This certificate has been used by many past students to either start or further a career for them at zoos, wildlife rehab centers, wildlife education centers, schools, science centers, as camp counselors and more. This certificate is also beneficial when applying for study abroad opportunities, scholarships or grants.
If you are a teacher you can receive CEU credits for this course. If you are a high school student you can receive high school credit for this course.
Course Syllabus & Features
When you register for the Wildlife Educator’s Course you receive:
* Video of the 6-week course filmed at Central Campus (High School Version)
*Video of the 6-week course filmed at the Cincinnati Zoo as a two-day Workshop. Note that these videos sets are of the SAME COURSE. The second set is provided as an additional bonus so you can review the course again at a later date and watch material that is slightly different.
* Certificate upon completion of the course
* BONUS videos covering Wildlife Husbandry
* BONUS videos of wildlife educators in action
FUTURE ADDITIONS INCLUDE
* Sample educational program videos will be added on an ongoing basis and will be available to all past and present students. When you become a student you receive these ongoing educational videos for free.