The Spiritual Syllabus Series
Alan is the cheerleader we all need. After reading each chapter I come out of it feeling like “I can do this! Let’s go! I’m going to succeed!” And I’m not even actively homeschooling right now. His words just have that impact! Along with the amazing lessons, plans, and insight his curriculum guides provide I would highly recommend another use for them could be simply to read a chapter on days you are feeling low or frustrated to perk you back up and give you the motivation you need!
Ten Reasons to Invest in the Complete Golden Beetle Spiritual Syllabus Series
- Alan Whitehead, the author, studied with a direct student of Rudolf Steiner. He has enjoyed a career in Steiner Education for over four decades. He received his teacher-education at Gleneaon School under the tutelage of Miss Sylvia Brose.
- Alan Whitehead, the author was privileged, in 1967, to be one of the founding teachers of Australia’s first Steiner High School, where he was a Class Guardian and Specialist Art Teacher.
- The Spiritual Syllabus Series, written by Alan Whitehead, Rudolf Steiner teacher, is by far the most comprehensive catalogue of the Rudolf Steiner Education program ever published.
- Each grade includes approximately 43 teaching units detailed in each year – each usually taught in the 3-week ‘block’ system (as opposed to ‘period’ teaching) of from 23 to 30 hours.
- There are 24 books, 6 in each of 4 subject streams. These provide a full Steiner academic curriculum from Class 1 to 12. Plus there are twenty-nine other titles by Golden Beetle Books, including A Steiner Homeschool? as well as 28 General Education titles.
- Alan Whitehead, the author, was a principal founder, and pioneer teacher (of both the Primary and High Schools) of Australia’s second Steiner school, Lorien Novalis in Dural, Sydney. He was Chairman of the school from its 1971 inception, until he left in 1985.
- Alan Whitehead, the author, has been educating Waldorf teachers since 1971. His books can provide valuable teacher education to Waldorf School staff or parents teaching using the Waldorf method.
- This series is the only Waldorf series of books that includes “The Four Kingdoms” books: Sacred Faces, Sacred Places, Sacred Flora, and Sacred Fauna.
- Each time you read a chapter you will feel inspired, uplifted, motivated, and supported. His writing inspires creativity, imagination, and clarity.
- Earthschooling has created an indexed “members only” blog where you can access every chapter of every book by topic, grade, or block. This makes this series of books even more valuable as Alan often cross-references topics across books. This is an amazing feature that has never been available before with his books and it makes it easy to find the topic you need. Of course you still have access to each book on its own as well!