Waldorf Skill: Storytelling
One reason the parent/teacher tells the story is so (s)he can adapt it to his/her class. If you are telling a fairy-tale from Germany and all the kids have names like “Hansel” and “Gretel” but you live in a culture where everyone is named “Serjito” or “Maria” you might consider changing the names as well as the places in the story. You might even change some of the candies on the witch’s house to candies that are common in your country. The witch might even live in the desert instead of the woods…and perhaps she isn’t even a witch at all!
Independent or Group Listening
Complete Set: Journey of Analise Video, Step-by-Step, MP3 and Book – International Orders
More “Journey of Analise” Offerings HERE
Classic and Classically Oral Tales
Further Reading Lists
Little Fairy Stories and Adventures in the Lands of Enchantment
Guidance for Storytellers
MP3s for Preschool and Kindergarten Curriculum
Ideas for How to Use MP3s
- If English is your second language.
- Our deaf and blind members requested these and say these are useful for them. They were the original inspiration for creating this resource.
- The handwork stories can be played while the child is doing handwork so you are free to help or take a break
- There are a lot of extra stories. Take time to play some of the ones you don’t use for lessons during break time, or for evening story time.
- These can be used in tandem with the Living Lessons. You can use them to supplement the video of the day or to serve as the lesson on the days there may not be a video.
- Students can listen to these after you give the lesson to reinforce concepts.
- Use these when you need a break!
- Working from home? MP3s for stories will really help!
- Working with multiple ages? MP3s for stories are perfect!
Download Free Curriculum Samples HERE
Plays, Living Stories
The Duchess’ Bath: Two Hilarious Days in the Life of Leonardo Da Vinci
3 by Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Romeo and Juliet and Richard III
Celebrating Christmas Together: Nativity and Three Kings Plays with Stories and Songs
Leave a Reply